Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October is My Favorite

October is my favorite time of year, although it still feels like summer around here.  I'm trying to get my house ready for the cozy season, even though I'm still having to use the air conditioner.  Last week, I hung some twinkle lights in my kitchen, and I love them!  Alicia Paulson was my inspiration; I've wanted to do this for years, ever since I first saw her blog photos, and I finally did it.  It makes washing my dishes so much more pleasant, especially since my ceiling light quit working.  And the smell of the Mrs. Myers Apple Cider dish soap makes it even better.
The skies have been simply gorgeous lately.  I took these pictures last Thursday after work, but the morning sky has been just as lovely.
I found a surprising amount of sea glass on my walk too.  One of these days I'm going to use the glass for something, but until then, I'll just enjoy having little bowls of it here and there around the house.
I finished my Bousta Beanie well ahead of my Rhinebeck deadline.
I deviated from the pattern at the very end; instead of switching back to the dark grey, I finished up with the blue, for a brighter look.
And because I finished early, I started a second one.  My friend, Lori, had cataract surgery last Monday, and isn't going to be able to see well enough in time to knit her own, so I'm knitting hers for her.  I started on it last night, while watching my Sunday night PBS shows.
This is Homecoming week at school; the theme is A Night at the Movies.  One of the activities is a door decorating contest, and I think my students did a phenomenal job on our door!
I'll finish this disjointed post with a picture of Gracie, relaxing as usual.
As always, I wish you peace and joy.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Bousta Beanie--that is on my list as well. It should be a fun knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having unusually warm weather, too. I've never worn my summer clothes this far into fall before.
    That Titanic door is amazing. Homecoming must be a bigger deal at your school than mine. West is kind of a hippie school.
    The beanie is gorgeous. Your friend will love getting one of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hat turned out great! By now you are on your way to Rhinebeck (or already there!1). Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete