Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, October 20, 2016

Rhinebeck

Because I'm using a new blog app, my photos are in a random order.  I'll figure it out eventually, but I've been wanting to share these all week, so random it is!  This is a photo of our packed car on the day we left Saugerties to head back home.  We were pretty sad to leave, but impressed with our packing skills.
 
 We wore our matching sheep leggings and I gotta tell you, we were stopped and photographed a lot that day.  I wonder how many places we've showed up out there on the web!  We were also supposed to wear our completed Baa-ble hats, but if you look closely, you can see DPNs sticking out of the top of mine, as I was the slow poke this year.
 
One of the high points of our trip this year was meeting four nurses from the Mayo Clinic on their first Rhinebeck trip.  We went to dinner with them on Sunday night and had a blast.  The waiter was fun too.
 
Loved this little guy and his dad in matching sweater vests. 
 
 
The fog on Sunday morning was a surprise, but it burned off quickly.
 
I finally was able to eat some apple cider doughnuts this year, my first time locating them!  This is the line for them the second time I got them. Totally worth it.
 
 
 
I was able to finish my hat by Sunday, and even though it was too warm to need it, I plan on wearing it when we get some cold weather.  I used my Lopi yarn leftovers from my Stopover sweater.  I ordered a skein of white and black from Tolt, the store on the west coast, and again, their speed and service was incredible!  Love them!
These gorgeous trees are probably my most favorite thing about Rhinebeck.
 
Cider apple doughnuts came in second. 
 
 
We were talking on our way home about how sad we were to have to go back to work and I decided that instead of complaining, I would look at it from the perspective that I should be refreshed and happy I had been lucky enough to go. It really helped me keep a positive attitude this week with the kids, despite the usual backlog of grading and catching up to do any time I take a day or two off. And now it's the weekend and I'm going to do a little housekeeping and a little self care and call it a win.  I started off by walking to the beach yesterday as soon as I got home and enjoying the sunset.  The weather is feeling like fall here finally, so my windows are open and I'm ready to make some comfort food.  
 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

5 comments:

  1. That hat is amazing!! Love the color palette you chose. Makes me want to knit one but not sure my knitting skills are ready for color work just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat is so lovely! It's wonderful that you have such great friends to travel with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss that event so much. Those tress always take my breath away. So glad you had fun Rose, good friends are the best. Have a good week.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the DPNs made the hat much more charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color of your Babble hat and love the sheep leggings -- too funny. Glad you had such a good time. I need to try a cider donut...

    ReplyDelete