Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, September 22, 2016

Improvements

My 5th year teaching high school started off a bit rocky, but given that my personal life is in a state of flux, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. I hope things settle down soon; I've spent a couple of afternoons making parent calls, both positive and negative, and that usually helps.

Meanwhile, I've cleared out some clutter and dropped a load off at the thrift store after work on Monday, last week. I need to gather up another load or two. I really want to finish setting up my yarn room, but every time I try, I get overwhelmed and wander off. I did get the newly painted bookcase in there though, so I am making progress.

 

 

I'm almost finished with my Antartik shawl, knit mostly while watching all of the Father Brown series, followed by the HBO mini-series, John Adams. I'm glad I watched it but I almost gave up as it went on and on and on.

I've actually started a second Antartik shawl, using a gorgeous skein of Periwinkle Sheep yarn called A Crack in the Sidewalk. Not sure why I started the second one since I have so many projects already in progress, like the beautiful Guernsey Wrap, but there you go. Such is the knitting life.

We have had some crazy rain and flooding this week, so much so that the area schools shut down yesterday!

 

I'd like to say I accomplished a lot with my free day, but in truth, all I did was take a nap, and then spend the remainder of the day reading. Lovely. I think I needed the rest, since I spent the entire weekend doing some major cleaning. I like how it's coming together.

 

 

 

Anyway, I'm doing so much better as time goes on, despite a hiccup here and there. Time heals, just like we always say. And of course, Gracie is helping.

 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are doing better Rose, you have been on my mind. And I am really glad you took a day to really relax, you needed it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete