Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, August 28, 2016

Back to Work

I go back to work tomorrow and I'm kind of looking forward to it. I tend to do better with some structure, and with so much change happening now, I think it'll be a good thing. That being said, I'll miss my beach days. We had some beautiful days this last week, with lower humidity and temperatures in the eighties. These were taken Monday through Thursday and I can't even tell the difference between the days, they were so uniformly gorgeous.

 

 

 

I have the living room sorted out, thanks to a quick trip out of town. I emptied the china cabinet out on Sunday, but didn't finish culling and replacing everything that was left until Friday morning, right before leaving town for the weekend. I knew I didn't want to walk back into the house tonight to find a mess on the floor. I need to rehang the curtains and maybe add a small rug but I can live with it as-is for a bit.

My friend, Lori, and I drove out to Lynchburg to visit her daughter this weekend, and we visited this adorable yarn shop; it's a converted house and I love the kitchen, with its built-in shelf and Formica from the fifties! The entire place was darling.

Lori's daughter has a French bulldog named Piper, who has the sweetest disposition. We tired her out playing fetch with her. These are my notes from the shawl I'm still working on.

Gracie was glad to see me, following me everywhere when I returned. I've never had a cat but I thought they were generally much more standoffish than she is.

My sweet Gracie.

 

3 comments:

  1. I used to live in Lynchburg, about a billion years ago and believe me there was no yarn shop there at that time, but it is where I learned to knit!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! I have actually never had a cat who was standoffish ... they must exist somewhere, but not at our house either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of my cats has ever been standoffish, either, when I've come home from being away. Each one has always been so happy to see me, anxious to cuddle up and make up for lost time.

    I'm knitting a shawl right now too, but no need for notes. It's a simple pattern (my favourite kind).

    Hope your first days back are welcoming and seamless.

    ReplyDelete