Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, May 25, 2015

The Home Stretch

As I typed the title I was thinking about school, but I realize it could also refer to all the work Steve and I did around home this weekend. I love double meanings. We had gorgeous weather all three days of our long weekend, so most of our time was spent outside, working on the yard. I didn't take many pictures, but here are the few I did manage to get:

This is one of the beds off of the back deck. The bird bath used to have a copper painted pan, but it rusted out, so I used a glass platter/plate I had in my thrift store collection, and I actually like it better.

This is an odd section that was supposed to be grass, but since it was all weeds, I've planted some ground cover and daylilies. I probably should move the dividing stones, but I'll see how the plants do first.

I also used the great weather to wash and dry my woolens for storing; they always smell so good from the wool wash and the fresh air, plus it's good for protecting them from the you-know-whats:

Steve and I walked down to the beach last night in time to see the sunset.

Today Melissa and I went down for an hour or two before she went to work; it was nice catching up with her. She's always so busy but she's so good about making time for her mama.

 

Her cat, Fern, has been with us since December, as she was between places for awhile and is still settling into her new place. Steve and I are going to hate to see her go, as she is a very affectionate cat. I've never seen her sitting here before, but who knows what she does when we're at work!

And my sweet Gracie, enjoying a nap. I think the warmer weather suits her just fine.

I'm back to work tomorrow for the remaining two and a half weeks. I must be getting wistful about my students already, because I bought a bunch of freezer pops as a treat for them. I'll try and save them for exam week, but I may feel like treating them early. They are a good bunch of teenagers. Hope you have a good week and maybe someone will give you a treat too!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of your woolens drying in the sun. We like the same colors.
    I am sad about losing my students. I have some really lovely students this year who I am going to miss. But I am very, very tired and really need the break.

    ReplyDelete