Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, January 26, 2015

Blue Skies

I finally got to see some blue sky and sunshine this weekend. Saturday night, as I was driving to meet a friend for dinner, I saw this sunset over the Lafayette River that was so beautiful, I pulled over to take a picture.

As I was taking the photos, my youngest daughter texted me to say she hoped I had seen it. Isn't that so cool? We both saw the same scene and were struck by it in the same way. A lovely moment.

Sunday was so clear and beautiful and I was lucky enough to have time to take a walk on the beach and enjoy it, as I got in a bit of exercise. (Truthfully, I dislike exercise, but walking on the beach in the sunshine was bearable, since I have to do something.) The sun was warm enough to hint of the coming spring, even though much of the East Coast to the north of me prepare for a winter snowstorm. I wouldn't mind getting a little snow, but I think it's highly unlikely.

Gracie loves to sleep curled up on our bed; it looks like she's trying to say, "Please, can't we just snuggle a little longer?"

And I finally got a decent photo of my sweater; the back is almost done. If I keep at this rate, I'll be done by the end of February, I think.

Today was the second teacher workday in a row, and to be honest, I didn't really need it. I had planned quite a bit ahead of time and was pretty well set with my plans and copies, so I had to make sure I didn't make a mess for myself. You know, start clearing out clutter, only to run out of steam or time, only to just shove everything under a table in a big pile. This has happened to me more often than it should, so this time, I was careful. I went in a little late, took a long lunch break, (I actually spent it walking!) and then left early. Voila! In order to try and add a little pizzazz to the start of the new semester, I even hung a "The Party's Here!" sign on my classroom door. If nothing else, it'll get the kids thinking when they walk through the door.

 

4 comments:

  1. Teacher workdays? We have nothing like that, not even a the end of the semester. We do, however, have endless trainings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's horrible! So very sorry, not sure how you manage.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pic of the sunset, and such a connection you and your daughter have.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You really used your time to its advantage; you didn't try to do too much and then undo all the good work you accomplished.

    It's so important to go into a new semester with a relaxed and competent mindset. Having things under control really sets the right atmosphere.

    **oh, that pic of Gracie! frame it and display it!**

    ReplyDelete