Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So Long, 2014

I don't have a lot of negative feelings about 2014, despite the fact that both of my parents underwent treatment for cancer. The good news is that both are considered to have beaten their cancer and are in excellent health. The fact that I still have both of my parents is a wonderful gift and I'm grateful for it.

I have a wonderfully supportive network of friends and family, including my husband, Steve, and my lovely daughters and stepchildren, and I do work that I'm very proud of and am passionate about.

I just found out yesterday that I have a liver disease that can only be managed with diet and exercise, so while I sulked about it for about 18 hours, I'm grateful that I can do something about it. The plan is to follow a Mediterranean diet and exercise at least three times a week, so I started today with a forty minute walk on the beach I love so well. I always swore that if I lived this close to the beach, I would walk on it every day, and it's way past time to make good on that promise.

 

 

Happy New Year!

 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your parents are well. I'm sorry that you have a liver disease, but I am really glad that it's treatable in a reasonable way.

    Have a wonderful 2015 - say hi to the beach for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are taking control of your health Rose. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2015.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That is major news. I am glad that your liver disorder is treatable -- and treatable by lifestyle. I'm not anti-meds, but I'd rather live healthy than take more meds.
    We should all be exercising more, so I'm going to try to take some inspiration from your situation! Have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete