Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, March 16, 2013

Another Saturday

Steve and I finished watching the second season of The Hour last night, and as a result of staying up very late, I slept in this morning. (When i found the link, I also found out it was the final season. Drat.) After I got up this morning, we ran some errands, and as I type this, I've already had my bath and am in my pajamas. And I have a batch of homemade granola slow baking in the oven, so in other words, it's been a perfect day.

 

I finally got it together enough to make Alana's recipe using her book, The Homemade Pantry. I've loved her blog for quite some time, and as soon as she published her book, I bought a copy, but I don't think I've actually made anything from it until now. When I want to feel like an earth mother again, it's one of the books I read before going to bed, but that's not to say the recipes are difficult. It's just that I've wandered so far away from who I used to be, when I was a young mother with young children, and reading her blog and her book is a way for me to reminisce. So anyway, the granola recipe has been on my to-do list for quite some time and today it all came together.

It won't be completely ready until morning, but that's okay.

 

Meanwhile, here's another picture or two of Gracie, the cat who used to be super shy, but now is only a little bit shy.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love that look from Gracie! I think she's on to you, Rose.

    Funny how we think we were different people back in the day. Not sure about that...the granola was just waiting to be let out to play. And it's nice to remember the days when we had those little ones and had a different way to spend our days. It's all good - just not exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your house smells so wonderful. Gracie is the Queen now isn't she? I love that she is so comfortable in her new home.
    Have a great week,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete