Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, October 2, 2012

An FO, a WIP, and a Blue Goat

I finished a pair of hand mitts last weekend. I used the Braided Mitts pattern and a skein of Quince & Co. Lark and while I knit them over enough that I should have had two pairs instead of one, I am quite happy with them. It wasn't the pattern's fault I had such trouble, but rather my attention span, or lack thereof.
 
Looking forward to making another pair actually, but for now, I've cast on for another Honey Cowl, just so I could work with a luscious skein of MadTosh that I picked up from WEBS last April. (Now that I've linked it, I realize I may be using a worsted instead of dk, which means I need to go up a needle size or two.)

And I forgot to share this picture of a painting that was hanging in a Richmond restaurant called The Blue Goat. Cool, huh?

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful mitts, love them. Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mitts! I may have to cast on a honey cowl. I've a beautiful skein of Pashmina from Madelinetosh in Mica. It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete