Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, May 26, 2014

Weekend Update

I'm so happy I deleted the games on my iPad. Even though I miss playing them sometimes, I feel like it has allowed me to be outside more, to knit more, and to read more. To satisfy the gaming itch, I just downloaded the Luminosity app, which is supposed to be good for the brain.

After picking a little over four pounds on Saturday, I went back to the strawberry field Sunday morning and picked twelve pounds of strawberries, which I put up in Ball jars. I froze some in water and some without, to test which method I prefer. I also have been eating them with yogurt and in smoothies. I can't wait until blueberry season and am planning to hit the pick-your-own farms as much as I can this summer.

I also worked in the yard a lot and sat on the beach a little all three days, reading and knitting. The ratio was a bit heavy on work, but I am pleased with how much I got accomplished. I am actually ready to get back to work, since I've exhausted myself doing yard work and power washing the house. I was able to sit on the beach long enough to finish The Book Thief, which is an amazing read. Although I want to read Middlemarch this summer, I'm sticking to shorter novels until school is out. My beach knitting project is the Triilian shawl, using a skein of Susan Schaeffer yarn I bought last year. Since the yarn is cotton and the pattern is easy, I think it will be a perfect beach knit.

 

4 comments:

  1. I recently read The Book Thief and loved it. I tried Luminosity and stopped playing as I hate to be timed.
    hugs to you and enjoy your week,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too; it makes me nervous, but it's probably good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your shawl is starting out. Very shimmery and summery.

    Middlemarch is my absolute favorite book of all times. I keep meaning to reread it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe I've never read it?? Embarrassing, especially for an English teacher!

      Delete