Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, May 22, 2014

Nostalgia

I think I'm becoming addicted to yard work. As I mentioned earlier, I've been working in the yard every night when I get home, and tonight, I actually left knit night early in order to get back outside! I think I'm enjoying getting all sweaty and dirty, because it reminds me of being a kid again. I was such a tomboy when I was little, always playing outside until it was dark, and getting as dirty as any of the neighborhood boys. Now I enjoy the feeling of pulling weeds, trimming grass, and getting physically tired, and then coming in and taking a bath. Seeing my legs, feet, and arms covered in dirt and grass and then washing them all clean, makes me feel like I did when I was twelve. And it's an especially good way to work off the stress of teaching during the last few weeks of school.

I can't wait for summer

1 comment:

  1. I deleted my games ages ago, I found myself playing candy crush and was not reading or knitting, I'd rather catch up on blogs and read then play a game. So glad you are outside so much enjoying this beautiful time of year. Good luck the last few weeks of school.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete