Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday and the End of Spring Break

I thoroughly enjoyed my spring break staycation, although of course I didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped. But I did enjoy lots of knitting and visits with family and friends. I visited a couple of local knit shops and spent time knitting with people I don't normally see, made stops at a shop in Richmond, and one in Williamsburg, and yesterday, two friends and I took a trip to the Outer Banks to visit Knitting Addiction's newest location, and her best one yet! Jeannie's shop has been growing with each move and as always, she has created a gorgeous environment in her newest address. My friends and I sat on the comfortable furniture and knit the day away. We ate lunch at a wine ad cheese shop next door to Jeanne's, then went back and knit until the shop closed. The drive to and fro was filled with lots of good talking and the two who weren't driving got to knit all the way there and back, making for a pretty perfect day.

I was planning to return to work tomorrow, after enjoying the beautiful weather today, but instead, I was hit in the neck with a rusty nail from a home repair project and spent the day getting stitched up instead. It hurt like hell and I'm staying home tomorrow to make sure everything is okay. Planning to knit and rest up, and hoping to return to work on Tuesday. What a way to end the week, huh?

 

1 comment:

  1. I hope your return to work went smoothly. It sounds like you made the most of your time off!

    ReplyDelete