Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival

I only have thirty more teaching days and if the past week is any indication, it's going to be a long thirty days. We have had temper tantrums, girl fights, and cranky parent calls, and my classes just finished their research papers, which was an uphill climb. All the way.

So, as a treat, three other teachers are going with me to the MDS&W Festival this weekend. All four of us knit and we are quite excited about going. I'm the only one of the group who has attended fiber festivals, so I'm the de facto leader of the group, although it won't take long for these savvy women to become experts! We are leaving from school Friday afternoon and staying in a hotel nearby, spending the day at the festival, and on Sunday, we are visiting fibre space in Alexandria. I'm the only one who's been there too, and I know they are going to love it. Bonus: the Brooklyn Tweed trunk show is there this weekend too! We may not be able to make it home after all the fiber goodness!!

As always, I'll be taking and sharing lots of pictures.

I've fixed the fronts of my sweater and have been procrastinating the seaming for some reason. I've also started a pair of Cafe Au Lait mitts using a light green skein of Green Mountain Spinnery yarn I bought at Rhinebeck., probably in hopes of justifying buying more yarn this weekend!

 

This photo shows the pattern,

 
but this one is the truest color. Spring like, isn't it?

And speaking of spring, these may be the best $5 I've spent in awhile! Aren't they gorgeous?

 

3 comments:

  1. I'll be at MDSW on Saturday too! The weather sounds like it will cooperate, and I'm really really looking forward to it, since it's been a crap week here too. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an excellent time! Please take pics of the BT trunk show, I bet that will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stitch pattern. Very nice. Have fun at S and W

    ReplyDelete