Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Lovely Sunday

Steve and I went to Richmond today in order to take Stephanie back and so I could see the Chihuly exhibit at the Virginia Fine Arts Museum, but alas, I had procrastinated until the last day of the exhibit and unfortunately for me, all the tickets were sold out. The only piece of his I was able to see was this stunning chandelier, which made me even more irritated with myself for missing the rest of the gorgeous glass pieces. But you can't tell that from this photo, because really, there's no use in letting it ruin one's day now, is there?

 

 

We walked about outside as it was a beautiful day, and I managed to console myself with a delicious lunch, some thrift store finds, and a visit to The Yarn Lounge.

This is a skein of Koigu KPPPM,

and a petite skein of Blue Sky Royal Alpaca; the pink is designated for a soon to be born baby girl.

I bought this pattern to make the hat, because I can't resist these tiny patterns!

I bought the Catherine Cowl one last month from FibreSpace. So cute!

Another photo of the completed Rathtrevor mitt from Jane Richmond's Island collection, which I wore today, along with the cowl I have on in the first photo. The yarn for the cowl is a luscious skein of Juniper Moon Farm Marlowe.

This is a skein of MadTosh in the color way Mansfield's Garden Party and I had started using it for the Zuzu's Petals cowl, despite a concern that the lace pattern would be lost in the variegation. When I ended up messing up the lace section, I took it as a sign and frogged it.

I immediately cast on again using another skein of MadTosh in a fiery shade that is worsted weight and will allow the lace pattern to be seen. I'm hoping to finish it this week so I can wear it to Brooklyn next weekend. I am treating myself to a train trip on my birthday to visit my daughter in her new home. Exciting! I'm hoping some of the fourteen inches of snow they received this weekend will still be around for me.

Either way, it'll be a great birthday present to me, including the train ride up and back, which will allow lots of knitting time! Lucky me!

Gracie is doing better, although this is still the closest we usually get to seeing her. She does allow some right before bedtime petting though, and she ventures to the kitchen to check on us every night around 9:00 p.m. or so. It seems like it's going to be a slow process, but that's okay with me. My sweet girl can take as long as she needs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment