Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blue Day

Today was a windy, rainy day, made blue because my daughter left to go home to Brooklyn, taking her cat, who had been staying with me since Thanksgiving. And blue because I am fighting an upper respiratory infection that makes my ear and head hurt.

 

So here are a few pictures of the last couple of days, to cheer me up.

 

Sinon, lazing on the couch. I miss him already. I think it's time for me to adopt one of my own.

Olivia (Ollie), taking a nap.

Meredith and Ollie, trying to gain control of the chair.

Our Christmas feast for our kids, the day before Christmas Eve.

Melissa, mixing up some bath salts, with Meredith overseeing her.
Christmas cheer and cookies.

One of the bath salt concoctions.

 

Tomorrow, Stephanie and I are going to hang out at our local yarn shop and knit. And I won't be blue.

 

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday, surrounded by your girls. Rachel leaves on Sunday, so I'm going to be in that same blue place. I hope the trip to the knitting store cheered you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are feeling blue, but it looks like a great time was had by all. Feel better,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making memories is what Christmas is for. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday. Enjoy your knitting time.

    ReplyDelete