Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, March 1, 2015

March! We Made It!

My snow holidays are coming to a close and I'm not sure how I'm going to go back to working five days in a row, but I guess I'll adjust. I have truly enjoyed the time off, using it to relax, get a few things done, and knit, but mostly I've been reading. I can't remember the last time I've read this much purely for the pleasure of losing myself in the story. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and used to spend every spare minute reading whatever I could get my hands on. I'm sure when I'm back in the thick of it, I'll regret not getting more done around the house, but for now, I don't regret a thing. The most recent book I finished was Jane Smiley's newest one, Some Luck, the first in a trilogy. Although it is a thick one, I read it in a day, mainly because it was all I did, but also because it was so interesting, I couldn't put it down.

I'm still plugging along on the Edie sweater in the hopes of finishing it by next weekend, but knitting on so much grey stockinette makes it slow going. I just read somewhere that knitting grey or brown in February is a no-no, since that's the only color you see outside, and I can see why that's a good rule.

Cats love boxes, don't they? I got this box out to pack up some yarn I sold on Ravelry, and as soon as I turned around, gracie was in it! Such a cutie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment