Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Snow Days Continue

I took advantage of the snow day on Wednesday to meet some teacher friends for lunch. Since teachers never get to leave the building for lunch, it seems to be the first thing we all want to do whenever we have the chance. Afterwards, I went to the grocery store, along with almost every other area resident, to stock up on the essentials, like microwave popcorn and seltzer water. You know, the basics.

When I got home, I decided to take advantage of the sunshine to take a walk on the beach, in case we were snowbound for three or four days. Hard to believe it when looking at the blue skies.

 

This is what was predicted for our region,

and this is what we got:

 

Not only have we gotten at least six inches, it's still snowing big, fat flakes, so I guess the weather folks got it right. I'm home again today and will be tomorrow as well, so I'll cook some of the food I bought, read, knit, and grade some papers, so that when we do make it back to school, I'll be ready to roll.

 

I'm going on my first knitting retreat next weekend, assuming we aren't snowed out, and I'm hoping to finish my Edie sweater in time to wear it. I am at the point of joining the front and back in order to shape the shoulders and neck, and then I have two short sleeves to knit and attach. I know it's still quite a bit, but I have four days in front of me and if I focus, I can get it done. If I focus. Hmmm. Send good thoughts!

 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm so tired of looking at S N O W. It's all I've seen since mid-January, and it started up here in early November.

    And you shouldn't have to look at it at all! Someone down there did not get The Memo. The South! The South! You live in The South!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just don't get enough snow down here for me to get tired of it. Many years we don't get any and I miss it, but I agree, we've definitely gotten our share this year!

      Delete