Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Yellow

Summer is looking good around here. I'm still cleaning up the yard, but today I hung out on the beach with a good friend, then we went to a local beach cafe for lunch. This afternoon I painted a small bookcase that I've had for quite a few years. It started out as a bathroom organizer but I moved it into the kitchen about a year ago. It was white with white baskets but now, thanks to the quick work of a can of spray paint, it's yellow.

It's a pretty lightweight piece, so I only use the bottom shelf for cookbook storage. The baskets hold napkins and dish towels (tea towels is the name we used when I was growing up). Our small kitchen has so little storage space, that this has been a great help. Plus, Gracie likes to perch on top of it so she can look out of the kitchen windows.

Here she is, inspecting the weird new smell.

I don't love it as much as I love the turquoise basket I painted a week or so ago, but it does add a bit of color to the kitchen. And now I have to go get the smear of yellow off of the wall. Steve caulked something there and left a smudge which I hadn't noticed until now. Sheesh.

 

2 comments: