Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Sunday, September 4, 2011

Grateful

I am so grateful to my family and friends, but also for kind people that are everywhere, if only we take the time to notice.




My foot is doing quite well; I had to call the doctor this morning to get permission to cut a too tight bandage, but other than that, things are going very smoothly. I've begun cutting back on the dosage of pain medicine just a bit, and as a result, my mind is a little less muddled. I slept better last night than the night before, and I'm sure that's helping also.




My mom and dad have been spoiling me, bringing food over and hanging out with me to help pass the time. Even my sister and niece came over last night to dote on me. I may have withdrawal pains from all the attention I'm currently getting, haha.




I have lots of knitting projects that need finished up, and by finished up, I mean some of them need unraveling and reknitting. So of course that means I started something new. A baby sweater for a friend's soon-to-arrive grandson. I'm using some blue and green Mission Falls 136 superwash marino that I bought awhile back with just this project in mind.





The odd blue tint to the photo comes from having the sunroom curtains closed.


Now I'm off for little nap. Thanks for all your good wishes and thoughts! I am truly grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Rose, so glad you are doing better. Rest up and knit!
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have people to make you feel cared for. Enjoy it! You certainly spend enough time taking care of other people!

    ReplyDelete