Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, September 12, 2011

Finally, A Start

I had my first day with students today and surprisingly, I had a bad case of butterflies right before I got to school. That hasn't happened since I first started teaching, but as soon as the kids got there, all was well. They seem like a great group and I'm looking forward to getting into the rhythm of teaching again. Although my foot hurts, it's not too bad, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to take off Wednesday to make sure I don't overdo it this first week back. It's just so hard for me to stay seated; it's not my style of teaching, but I'm going to have to do it or else miss even more time, so seated it will have to be.

I did finish the baby sweater this weekend, and although the color is washed out in this photo, I'm quite pleased with how this project turned out. I felt like I took some design chances on this one by my placement of color. (I'd describe the green as celery green).
Turns out my idea of posting the multiple projects I had in my queue was actually a good motivation for me this time. So far I have finished the baby sweater, unraveled the Saroyan and Stripe Study shawls, put the thumbs in the Cane Sugar Mitts (forgot to even include them, they were so close to done), and I'm now knitting the sleeves on the sweater for my mom. (She just told me she'd prefer long sleeves, so it'll take just a bit longer, which is what I get for waiting until September to finish a sweater that was started in June!) That will leave me the purple shawl and then I plan on casting on for this or this, using some Knit Picks Tweed that I bought while on pain meds. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I'm pretty sure my posting is going to slow down a bit, now that I'm back to work. My knitting too, although I'll try and keep at it. I'd really love to get in a new routine of going to bed and getting up a bit earlier so I can knit for a bit in the morning, to see how that affects my day. Anyone do that as a meditative practice before work?

Enjoy your week!

3 comments:

  1. That sweater is absolutely adorable! You take it easy on that foot of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids will be so happy you are back. Take it easy and don't rush your progress, your foot needs time to heal.Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little sweater! Glad you have great kids again this year. Slow and easy with the foot.

    ReplyDelete