Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Saturday, July 24, 2010

Work Trip

I leave tomorrow for a four day VDOE committee meeting in Richmond. I get to stay at a lovely hotel, eat on someone else's dime, and explore the city (Shockoe Slip, the Fan District, and Carytown) after I get off work. Steve is going to drive up with me tomorrow so we can have date day. Some of the places I'm hoping to visit (in no particular order) are the Virginia Fine Arts Museum, Whole Foods, Crate and Barrel, Chop Suey Books, Fountain Bookstore, Lettuce Knit, Knitting Basket, and the Yarn Lounge. I'm thinking aboutdoing the knit night at Lettuce Knit on Tuesday (maybe). I'm also looking forward to some pleasure reading and knitting in the hotel lobby at night, just like I did in Atlanta at the AVID conferences the past two summers.

I picked up some more books at the library today, including Wolf Hall. I don't often read historical fiction, but I've heard so many positive things about this book that I'd thought I'd give it a go. Plus, it ties in with all the movies I've watched this summer about the English monarchies.

I've finished my laundry so the only thing left to do now is pack my knitting! See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great week. I wonder if there's any such committee here? Although, it would probably meet in Madison, denying me the pleasure of a few days away!

    Have a great time, and let me know how Wolf Hall is. I like Hilary Mantel, but Wolf Hall is awfully long!

    ReplyDelete