Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Monday, July 19, 2010

Rite of Passage

I've got a busy week planned this week. I'm working with a colleague to create a review packet and I'm getting a colonoscopy on Wednesday. Want to guess which one I'll enjoy most? Ah, the joys of turning fifty.



I've also got a great big case of startitis. I only have one sleeve left on the baby sweater I started on Saturday, so that's a success. I'm still working on Citron and the Mitered Hanging Towel, and now I've decided to start an Abstract Leaves Cowl using this yarn, for my friend who's battling lung cancer. She's a major Hokie fan and I'm pretty sure she'll like it.



I had a lovely day at the beach yesterday with a friend of mine. Hot, but with a nice breeze, although we did see more of one male sunworshipper than we wanted. The things you see on the beach. Lucky for you, I didn't take a photo.


And what's the deal with my knitting needles? I have tons and yet, I need to go buy two more circular needles, a size 3 and a size 4, for the cowl. Steve swears someone comes in and takes them during the night. I rarely do small weight yarn, but this summer I'm branching out a bit. And that means some new needles. Oh the sacrifices I make for my "art"!


1 comment:

  1. Hey! It is art. The cowl is gorgeous, as are your other projects.

    ReplyDelete