Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Indulgence

What a perfectly indulgent time I'm having. If it weren't for work cutting into my time, I'd be incorrigible. Steve left yesterday for a little trip to see a couple of concerts and to visit his brother, which leaves me to my own devices. Yesterday was the solo movie time, and today I met some friends for dinner at my favorite restaurant, Fellini's, for some wine, food, and fun. Of course I knit while I talked, at least until the wine kicked in and the food came. I stopped by the video store afterwards and picked up the Clive Owen's (!) film The Boys are Back for some eye candy while I knit. Now a nor'easter is moving in and the rain sounds so lovely I haven't started the movie yet. Tomorrow after work, I'm driving down to the Outer Banks to visit my parents, who are there for the week in a beach house right on the ocean, assuming the weather allows. Before I know it, it'll be Thursday and Steve will be back with S, for her spring break.

And thanks for the sweater/medal encouragement!! I knew I could count on you all!

3 comments:

  1. I just love a movie on a rainy day! Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved catching up on your visit with you daughter and knitting progress. It's snowing in gloucester and the kiddos are home today. i never made it to the quilt show - my girlie finally succumbed to an ear infection (i saw it coming) so we stayed home and cuddled instead - i truly enjoy spending one on one time with my kiddos with no competing for attention or fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're still living it up! I can't wait to see that sweater all done!

    ReplyDelete