Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Evening




I'm sitting on the couch listening to the Sujan Stevens' Christmas CD my husband gave me. I'm in my pajamas, of course. We had dinner last night at my parents' house and then S went with MB, my parents and I to church. We all met back over there for brunch this morning and exchanged gifts with my sister and her family. Now all the kids are at their respective other parent's house, so it's kind of quiet. I've been knitting and napping and sipping some Tia Maria. Tomorrow we have all the kids back for more Christmas-ing.



Meanwhile, a little photo catching up. Here are some of the Christmas presents my girls made for their grandparents and aunts. M#1 and I went to the thrift store to buy these plates and then she and her sister made cookies. These are the jam-filled tarts; they also made truffles. I particularly liked the two rectangular ones; you wouldn't believe how heavy they were. I thought it was a great idea to use thrifted glass instead of plastic Gladware.



MB and I took a walk around our neighborhood Christmas Eve. It was clear and brisk (40 degrees), just the way I think Christmas weather should be. This house looks like the quintessential beach cottage to me. I really like it.



And here's the Christmas pelican. Quite the nautical feel at this one.




But this one.
The girls said it should be titled Christmas: The Final Armageddon, or maybe Snowmen vs. Santa: The Final Battle. Apparently this family likes a symmetrical theme. See the line of sheep facing the camels?



And I think this is Disney vs. Penguins.




To each his own.
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I think the sheep win every time! Long live the sheep, unless of course the dromedaries are really alpaca and not camels--then I have to go with them.

    Glad you had a peaceful holiday!

    Hugs,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the Sufjan Stevens album--so happy/sad. Looks like you guys had a great holiday:)

    ReplyDelete