Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Thursday, June 7, 2012

Changes

I think I've mentioned before that I requested a transfer from 8th grade science to high school English, and I found out this morning that the transfer was approved. I'm excited and also a bit apprehensive, as I've been at the same middle school for my entire fifteen year career. I taught English and science the first three years, but when our school went to single subject teaching, I chose science. Now I'm ready to teach English again, as a way to use the other side of my brain I think. Anyway, it's a bittersweet time for me as I pack up my room here for the last time. I'm excited at the new opportunity, but I'm also sad about leaving my friends and my comfort zone. Hopefully, I won't regret my decision.

My cousin surprised me with flowers, to congratulate me on the transfer.


I did a lot of knitting during the SOL testing, just as I had predicted, but unfortunately, I ran out of yarn before I finished. Luckily, I found some of the discontinued yarn on Ravelry, bought it, and now am awaiting delivery, so I can finish the darn thing! Why such a simple project has been so difficult is beyond me.

 

In other changes, my former father-in-law is at home under hospice care and only has a few weeks left, or so we've been told. I have been visiting every day after work and my oldest daughter is coming in town this weekend to see him as well. While it's a sad time for our families, at least we have this time with him now, although for his sake, I hope he doesn't have to suffer much longer. Such a difficult time.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Rose! I'm so happy for you.

    I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. I hope the girls are doing alright through this journey.

    ReplyDelete