Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Addicted

I'm addicted to the Stripe Study Shawl. I finally got back to it, figured it out, and now I can't wait to curl up on the couch and knit a stripe or two at the end of the day. Not sure who will be the recipient, but it's a satisfying knit just now.

My teaching is really undergoing some transformations this year. Teaching a gifted elective and then incorporating some gifted strategies into my honors science class, has me taking chances and letting go of some control, which is scary but feels right somehow. I've been honest with my students, letting them know they are guinea pigs (sort of), and they seem excited by the opportunity to try new things too. After all, isn't that what education is supposed to be about? It makes me so pleased to overhear students say, "wow, this class always flies by!"


There are possibilities brewing here at our cottage this week; I hope to share some good news soon. So good that I'm almost okay about the fact that I'm not making it to Rhinebeck this year. Take a look at this list of VIPs! Read it and weep, knitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment