Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?"









Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring and Science

This is the view I have as I leave in the morning. The forsythia is back lit by the morning sun; so bright and cheerful looking, don't you think?

I had a fabulous teaching day today, but then I usually do on Fridays, as it is my self imposed Lab Day. The kids look forward to it as much as I do. Today we focused on Newton's 1st Law, using washers, pennies, a clothespin, a sand filled container, and some string. They had a blast! I even video recorded a group or two, but I can't post it because some faces show.




Next week we'll have labs investigating Newton's 2nd and 3rd Laws. The joys of teaching science!!

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing teacher! I wish I could team with you. All your hands-on activities would help my "special" students!

    Yesterday I had a student freak out because he's been truant, which is a violation of his court order, so he has to do home detention this weekend. I feel like I live on another planet, as this is what my year has been like!

    ReplyDelete